Thursday, November 06, 2003

The Strength of God

An old man said, "Rising and walking and sitting, if God is before thine eyes, there is naught that the Enemy can affright thee. If that thought abides in a man, the strength of God shall cleave to him." (The Desert Fathers, Waddell p.159)
I'm going to put Jesus in my sights today. I'm going to hold to the idea that I rest under the shadow of His wing. I realize that nothing happens in my life or around me that He doesn't already know about and is in complete control of. These thoughts form a smooth solid concrete pad under my stumbling feet. They provide braces to my weak and crippled legs. I realize that I can only stand with the strength of your undeserved grace. I know I do not rise, I do not walk and I do not sit without your presence with me giving me breath to live and strength to act. In all and through all, around me and inside me, Blessed be His name.

No comments: