Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Spiritual Blaze
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Celtic Cross on BlackIf the world has not approached its end, it has reached a major watershed in history, equal in importance to the turn from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance. It will demand from us a spiritual blaze, we shall have to rise to a new height of vision, to a new level of life where our physical nature will not be cursed as in the Middle Ages, but even more importantly, our spiritual being will not be trampled upon as in the Modern Era...No one on earth has any other way left but upwards.

~Continuing along the lines of the Friday, October 31 post, I wonder what part I need to be playing on a personal level in the "Spiritual Blaze" of Alexander Solzhenitsyn or the "Third Wave" of Charles Wesley. If this is a watershed era in history, I want to be found flowing off the 'right side of the roof'. Isn't God asking us to live ablaze in ways that impact our whole existence? Isn't his love, compassion, justice and ferocity supposed to break free from the small Sunday - Wednesday Night prison that we have been contented for them live? I desire to be that life lived on fire, but how often am I chasing after opportunities to dole out of the blessings that God has given me? As I go over the gospels, I find that Jesus was aggressively looking for people that he could show mercy. A blaze has to be out of control, constantly taking new ground, changing what it comes in contact with.

No comments: