Thursday, October 30, 2003

Pierced - Paul MyhillWe have just had a great extended weekend, and enjoyed some needed rest. It was great to spend some time in Camden with Jen's folks. The boys and I, got away Monday afternoon and fed some crickets to the fish in a pond near Frenchport. They had a great time fishing, but probably enjoyed the paddleboat the most. It was an awesome moment to savor as I stood on the bank of the pond, going through the motions of fishing, but mostly watching my two sons zip around in a paddleboat, playing pretend navy games. Their imagination and sense of adventure is amazing.

Tuesday we rode to Little Rock and tooled around some of the stores. Wednesday we made our way over to Texarkana, where my band was playing at the 'Hallelujah Party' for Redwater First Baptist. The kids had a blast enjoying all the games and free candy. After the party we found ourselves around a table at McDonalds in Texarkana. Jennifer and I just laughed and enjoyed the experience so much as each of the kids, including Zoe, told funny stories and made jokes. We must have been carrying on quite a bit, but I will always remember the whole family's laughing faces. I prayed on the way home that we would always be able to sit around a table and enjoy each others company so much.

No comments: