Friday, October 24, 2003

Check out this discussion on Punk Rock music. I believe this is an intro to a forth coming book. Read the introduction and tell me what you think. Is there such a thing as a Christian Punk? If there is, what does he/she look like? What is important to them and what do they stand for? Are they bad or good for the Kingdom of God?

Jesus As Revolutionary I know some people who look the part of a punk, but are just as plugged into the machine as anyone else. And at the same time, I meet others who are inwardly very 'punk' in their attitudes and approaches. I think for me the question is just how vocal does Jesus want us to be in our following his teachings. If you believe in practicing the Sermon on the Mount and swear off of normal Christian abuses, like materialism, pride and lust, and spend a majority of your time railing against the other 'Christians' who haven't been enlightened like yourself, haven't you missed the point entirely? Er....wait...Jesus did alot of that didn't he? (What I mean to say is a good portion of Jesus' words were to the Scribes and Pharisees who were missing the point.) But that's just it, how radical is Jesus? How controversial is Christ? From what I am learning, the term revolutionary fits in well with Lord, Savior and Teacher.

No comments: