Wednesday, October 22, 2003

A new friend of ours just said, "Sincerity is the key, and if you can fake that, you've got it made."

I've often wondered if by just looking into people's eyes I could see whether or not they are sincere. It seems to me that the higher up the social-religious society ladder we climb, the easier it is for us to fake it. I truly want my eyes to mirror the love of Christ in me for others. If it's not in there, help me work on developing it, instead investing all my efforts into faking it.

God really talked to me this morning about judging someone else. I had said some things that seemed right and justified at the time, but this morning all I felt was that I was a puffed-up arrogant somebody. The truth is, knowing what is right and proper, while valuable in social settings, isn't anything compared to being a humble instrument for the Lord to use.

No comments: