Monday, December 06, 2004

My room

roomThe room at the Coury house was nice. It was simple, but provided me with what I needed. There was a couch, two little beds, a little desk and a private bath. There was even a little balcony where I could look over the grounds (Although it rained all week).

inside RoomI made up my mind that this was going to be my home for the week. This little room. No TV, no radio, no internet, just me, the laptop and some books. A little reading, a little writing, a little sleeping. All I had to do was complete the CMA Seasons of Refreshing material. Other than that, all I really wanted to do was seek God. Not to seek after him in a demanding way, like He was lost, but just to take time from my life to listen to what He might want to say to me. As Jennifer and I continue to make choices to serve God as best we can, I feel more and more that he has a unique calling on our family, that I don’t yet understand. I know that we are walking towards it today, but I am a little hungry for more understanding. It’s the whole what are we going to be when we grow up thing. Part of me, loathes myself for even wanting to know. I mean isn’t it enough just to trust the Father? But then I think, that He wouldn’t mind me wanting to know more. He can certainly not share if he doesn’t want to. It’s his prerogative.

No comments: