Wednesday, September 24, 2003

I found some interesting advice about life. The article is called The Practical Futurist and it talks a little about how to make educated guesses about what the world will look like in the future. The author says that "There is just one absolute: make sure you’re never heading directly opposite from where you ultimately want to land. In the end, the future happens incrementally, not all at once."

My life is the 'incremental' addition of moment on top of moment. Each day, each hour, each minute moving me forward and scuplting the world's memory of me. My aim is that I'm never living, even in any one given moment, in the 'directly opposite' heading of God's future for me. Kind of reminds me of a line from Rich Mullins, "And step by step you'll lead me, and I will follow you all of my days."

No comments: