Tuesday, September 23, 2003

God Is Dead
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt

God is of no real importance, even for people with religion, because religion has become more important than God. Though people get into tremendous arguments about religious questions, all the time God is dead. And it is perfectly all right with them if God is dead, because then they can do what they like. That is another trait of our times, people want to be able to do whatever pops into their heads or feels good at the moment. Nietzsche was right, God is dead!


~God has truly been pushed to the margins of our lives. And the kicker is, it has mainly been those of us who pretend to be the closest to him that have done the pushing. Does Jesus have any actual importance in my life? Which is more important to me, what Christ desires for me to do today, or my notions about what is good and acceptable practice? Do I know Jesus well enough to discern the difference? Am I searching through the dusty files of my mind hoping to come across something I might stretch to fit, or am hearing straight from the boss? My aim is that when someone looks at my family or hangs with any one of us for very long, they could see or sense or whatever, that God is back from the 'dead'.

No comments: