Monday, February 23, 2004

Nostalgia

Yesterday was a very interesting day. In the morning we went to church with my Mom and Dad. It was a really great service. I am always flooded with emotions when I go back to the church where I spent my teenage life. I was very thankful for all the ways that God has carried me through life. He spoke to me so many times at that church, it was cool to visit.

After a good morning of nostalgia, I thought I would take it up a notch. So in the evening I went to visit Mableton Assembly of God where I went to church until I was 12. Talk about memories. My Grandma and Grandpa still go to church there and some of the same people were around. As we sang and prayed I remembered so many faces and services. I think that sometimes it is good to remember your heritage, and that's what I did.

After the service, Jennifer and I had a quick bite with Jeremy, my cousin and his wife Sue. It was a really good time as well. Jeremy is one of the most loving and compassionate and completely real persons you will ever meet. We had a few laughs and enjoyed our short time together.

No comments: