Monday, May 15, 2006

Who understands this thing?

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. (Ecclesiates 11:5)

I will be perfectly honest. There are times, right now being one of them, that I really don't see what God might be up to in the lives of those around me. I see people who love God, give their lives to Him in service and dedication and yet all they seem to have to suffer through difficult times, painful problems, silly mistakes and uncertain futures. If I were God I think that I might work on the merit system: help out and bless the ones who love me and serve me and punish and step on those who don't. (I know how stupid that sounds, and I am very glad that the Father is not like that.) I do, however trust Him enough to know that He is indeed up to something and that He rushes to strongly uphold those whose hearts are completely His. But I guess that is where I am. I just don't know what He's up to. I wish I could zoom out and see more of the map, but I just can't. I wish I knew where that next job was going to come from, how the fight is going to turn out, when that child will come, but I just don't.

.....here's me.....trying to be o.k. with not knowing. Trusting...but not knowing.

No comments: