Wednesday, May 03, 2006

New Tattoo


April and May 06 047
Originally uploaded by Jerod McPherson.
Yes, this is ink, and yes, this is my arm. Shocking I am sure, but after wanted to get a tattoo for some time that had attached meaning to the wonderful woman that God has gifted into my life, I have finally done it. This is a celtic lover's knot.

Notice how there are two separate strands that are joined together in an inseparable knot. Obviously, to me this represents Jennifer and I. The Green symbolizes the "aliveness" and the life that our union has brought, the circle of red that the knot is completely inside represents the love (romance and passion) that surrounds our marriage. I am incredibly blessed and in love. I also intend to stay tangled up with my wife for the rest our lives.

My good friend Glen, went through with his at the same time and it was a good first experience. We both felt like we should somehow feel much 'badder' now, but for some reason nothing has really changed. Please comment and click on the pic to see more photos.

No comments: