Saturday, August 30, 2008

No Borders Trip and Finally Back Home



Recently returned from a long ride and a good trip, but have never been happier to be back home. As mentioned in the earlier post, we rode a long way to the town of International Falls, Minnesota on the Canadian Border. It was a very good ride with really nice weather on my new KLR. The CMA No Border Rally was a good event and was good to see some old friends. Mike Holder and I hung out for most of the event and really had some good laughs. Here are some pics from the CMA Parade in downtown International Falls.

While I was gone Jen and the kids started school and had some good times as well. Here is a pic of Jen holding Eden (Mika and Jeremy's newest). Also the girls had a great time at Bethany's (one of their friends birthday tea party).

The ride home was one of those days that you won't forget. I woke up a little before 5 and decided to get rolling. The night before I had made my arrangements to leave by myself. I was on the road by 5:30. When I left it was 40 degrees and I had not planned for that cold of a ride. I rode for more than an hour to the first little town and stopped at a McDonald's for coffee. I sat there in that McDonald's in full gear and held onto a cup of coffee completely shaking. But I didn't sit long, and I kept rolling and once it warmed up a little, I really made good time. By late afternoon, I was in Kansas City and contemplating going all the way home. I hadn't stopped too much and the weather was great and so I kept rolling. By dark, I was in Neosho Missouri and within 200 miles of home. So I decided to go all the way home. I made 1100 miles in one day, and slept in my own bed that night. I had alot to come home to.

There are also some pics here from a recent chapter meeting in McAlester Oklahoma. The Dipsticks are a Youth Movement Chapter for CMA and are doing a great job in involving students in ministry.

No comments: