Sunday, January 08, 2006

Off to the Abbey


Subiaco Abbey
Originally uploaded by Jerod McPherson.
It was a very busy weekend. The Fastlane Rally on Iron Mountain was a smash. We had a great group of riders and everybody seemed to have a really good time. Ramon (our friend from South Africa) put on an incredible stunt riding show in the streets of Mena. (We had them shut down of course) We captured some great video from this weekend and I think that the ministry to sport bike riders is poised at a very important growth moment. Possible 2006 we see a large growth in the areas that we are presently reaching into.

Later on Saturday Night, I played some music with the band that we threw together. It's always fun to get a chance to play the harp with some good musicians. Sunday Morning we blessed all the bikes (and riders) that were present and then pretty much everyone left.

It was time to take my sabbatical again, and I was more than ready to head back to Subiaco Abbey. This year the weather was really nice, so I took a ride on one of the ministries Goldwings. In the picture here, we had just had lunch in Mena, and I was telling the kids bye. (They love to climb and ride on the bike.)

As it turned out, even though I really love my sport bike, I was a little surprised at how wonderfully the big Goldwing handled in the curvy mountains. And it was sooo comfortable. I will definitely be looking for more opportunities to travel on that bike.

No comments: