Monday, November 15, 2004

The Heavenly Man

Every once in a while you feel as if God has slapped you in the face. When I was given the book, The Heavenly Man, I was sure that it would be placed on my shelf next to the scores of books that have been given to me yet remain unread. For one reason or another, I picked up this book and began to read.

I couldn't put it down.

Brother Yun and many others like him are aquainted with suffering and faith in Jesus firsthand in ways that we only read about in books. I was shocked at the inhumanity of our modern world (Brother Yun was imprisoned in the 80's and 90's). I was also shocked at the obedience, transparency, and urgency of the Chinese believers. I have much to learn.

If you don't have time to read the book, please google Brother Yun, and read about his miraculous prison escape. Or if you are more interested listen to him preach. You can read excerpts from the book here.

No comments: